Tuesday 15 May 2012

Mother's Day & My Hosting Marathon

Happy Tuesday all!

How's everyone's week shaping up so far?

This past weekend while MLo was in Vegas and I was on my own, I tossed my lengthy mental to do list aside and opted to entertain not once, not twice, but three days in a row!

Friday, I hosted a little pre-drink with the girls before hitting Williams Landing in Liberty Village; Saturday, an impromptu barbeque, which included my first attempt at caramelized onions and bacon bit toppers for the burgers; and finally Sunday, a Mother's Day Brunch for my beautiful Mum and sisters.


Here's the menu I ended up with:
  • My first ever homemade quiche with sautéed onions, bacon, broccoli and shredded marble cheese
  • A quinoa salad with red and yellow peppers, soya sauce and a little spice
  • Spinach salad with diced pear, dried berries, walnuts and a maple balsamic dressing
Add a little champagne, some pink lemonade (Mama's favourite!), and strawberry-banana frozen yogurt popsicles for dessert, and there you have it! Brunch of champions!


Sure I was pooped after all was said and done, but doesn't it feel good to flex that hosting muscle every now and again? I might wait until later in the summer for my next turn--what's your next big event?

KLI | NofW


P.S. Nook of Wellington is in the top three running with two other bloggers for the Blog Podium & EQ3 Mood Board contest!  A big W is in reach, but I need your help to get back in the lead!

Please CLICK HERE to comment on or like my mood board, and please feel free to forward it to anyone who may be interested.

Thanks again for your support!

XOXO



5 comments:

Adding the finishing touch said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I can't wait to eat at casa Illies again! xo

GBC said...

I'm pleased to see the Pyrex bowls being put to good use.

Krista Illies said...

@Nicole - I will host you again soon, promise! XO

@Greg - I told you, I use my Pyrex bowls as much as humanly possible! Love them! :)

GBC said...

I will continue to look for more for you.

Unknown said...

www11.15



ugg boots
hogan shoes
adidas clothing
moncler outlet
moncler jackets
canada goose outlet
hermes belt
coach outlet
jordan shoes