My intention was always to revamp these seats ASAP but before we knew it a whole year had passed and our chairs were still covered in the same sad, faded navy fabric.
Why the delay, you might ask? I'd like to say it's because I didn't have the time, but to be honest, I didn't make the time and on top of that Marc and I couldn't agree on a colour.
I initially had my heart set on something in a blue, or even a chocolate brown to balance out the lighter walnut wood, but he wasn't having it.
He wanted red.
Red like deep movie theatre carpet red. Red like you won't find anywhere else in our apartment red, but I wasn't so sure...
Then, recalling what a champ he was about the whole turquoise bathroom thing, I decided I might have to be the one to compromise this time around.
Not only that, I searched around online for inspirational photos and realized his red (or something close to it anyway) might be exactly what we need!
|[Totally Home Decor]|
|[Shelly's Stamping Stuff]|
|[Build Direct via Southern Living]|
Alas we hit Queen West and agreed on a brighter shade of red in a tough and hopefully durable linen.
Then, once we busted out the power drill and picked up a new staple gun, the whole process only took about 15-20 minutes per chair!
|Just getting started...|
|Forget it! Covering the old stuff works too!|
And last but not least, the AFTER picture...